June 3, 2011

Even More Irises

Irises out in the "triangle"
Irises by the steps
Two-toned lilac (?) Iris
Lilac Iris
At first I thought the two "Liliac Irises" were the same but now I don't think so. However, I'm sure I could be wrong and the "Iris Queen" will surely set me straight.

Purple Iris
Two-toned purple with white spots and yellow beard Iris
Yellow Iris
Yellow and Purple Iris
I bet you thought I was joking when I said that my friend has many varieties. I'm sure I missed some but hopefully next year I will be able to capture them. However, there are more flowers waiting to bloom so I'm sure there will be more flower pictures on the blog horizon.

3 comments:

  1. I can tell you the name of the last one is Welch's Reward. (and I have over 40 varieties running around...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting name for a yellow and purple iris; I would think that the all purple iris would be named Welch's Reward but maybe Welch was the person who originally cultivated the iris and not the grape jelly. Forty? WOW- I may get them all straight some day; practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the two tone purple with white spots and yellow beards too! Does anyone know what they are called?

    ReplyDelete