October 7, 2010

Summer Family Time

The other day, I realized that I have been neglecting my blog (again). So I downloaded over a hundred photos from my camera, organized them, and began planning my plan of attack on how to get my photos posted and talk about the various activities.

I want to start out by recapping some of my summer “family” time.

In June, I spent a day with Anne and her family participating in Washunga Days in Council Grove. I found a great link which gives the history of Washunga Days from the Kaw Indian perspective.



Here's Matthew (showing off his new cowboy hat) and I.



Anne helping Matthew collect candy during the parade




Matthew collecting candy all by himself! My "job" was to sit on the side of the curb, take pictures, and point out where the candy is.



I managed to take a good picture of a storm moving in toward the end of the parade.

In July we went to the air-show outside Kansas City. Unfortunately, not all of my photos turned out as well as I would like but here are a few of them.



“GI Matthew”



A really blurry picture of Anne and Phil; I feel bad that I'm still working on the settings on my very, simple digital camera. However, most of my pictures are turning out well so I guess I'm getting the hang of it so perhaps I will have better pics of Anne and Phil at some point.



The “Flamin Mamie.” I have always been intrigued by the girls painted on combat aircraft. I did a little research and didn't learn much but apparently these are called "Bomber Girls."

I realized when I posted these that I did more than this but I didn't get pictures of everything. I'm going to need to work on getting better pictures and documenting what I do so I can share especially now that my family is moving to Fort Hood; I wish them the best but I look forward to seeing them in their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment