July 19, 2010

Tiger Lilies and what's this flower (again)

Please note that I have given up on posting on the day that I actually intend to post so now I play catch up so it looks like I have lots of posts but really I set up several blogs and then fill them in all at once :)

I would feel "bad" about this but I know everyone understands that I'm a busy, busy, graduate student!

So, I have more flowers for everyone to look at and enjoy. I can identify most of these but there is one that I'm not quite sure about. So let's begin!!


When I first saw this I had to ask what are those pepper looking things growing out there. Anne had no idea what I was talking about until I gave her a description. So what are those pepper looking things?

You guessed it Tiger Lilies. These are one of my favorite flowers and Anne has a couple of different varieties (I think) and I'm hoping to convince her to let me have a few for my own yard (someday in a yard, very, very far away; perhaps in time only but likely to be distance as well).

Here is a double bloom Tiger Lily. I had no idea what a double bloom was or that it existed until I moved out to this flower-ful yard!!


I think this is another Tiger Lily but of a different color!


Tiger Lily or Day Lily ??? I'm really not sure. However, I looked up tiger lily and I found a picture similar to this one so I'm going to say that it's a tiger lily. I'm sure Anne will correct me if necessary.



What the heck is this??? I know Anne told me but my memory banks are full of don't weed there but do weed there. This is a (please insert flower name here). I'm trying to stuff my brain full of flower information and I'm afraid my poor brain my explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Having considered what Anne had told me about whats in the yard, I think this is Purple Phlox
and the images do seem to be similar so maybe the flower knowledge is slowly sinking in between the insect information.

2 comments:

  1. The red flower is a Red Velvet lily, the next is a daylily, maybe Extinction, name should be attached to it, and the last is Phlox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete