July 13, 2010

Happy Bastille Day!!!! (aka my birthday)





So as many of you have guessed, I always celebrate Bastille Day. It's one of my favorite holidays (not here in America but definitely in France) right up there with Halloween. Yeah, no one said I was a typical American but I'm okay with not being typical.

Someone asked me if I do something French to celebrate and I realized that I never have, so this year I'm starting a new tradition where I will do something French (other than dream of celebrating my birthday in Paris).





Bastille Day commemorates the day the French started their revolution by storming the Bastille which was a prison and a fortress. For more information please click on the links.





This year, my wish is that everyone could be as blessed as me. It's taken me 30+ years to make the dream of being a successful women and to be free from "trauma" to come true. I have a new dream which I have shared with some of you and I hope and pray it doesn't' take me another 30 years to make that dream come true. I have loving friends (who are truly my family) who support me and I have gained a sense of balance which I strive to maintain.

I'm looking forward to my 36th year on planet Earth. I'm probably going to celebrate by having some whisky and dancing to music in my living room (this is a normal thing except the whisky, I usually have beer but I'm only going to be 36 for one year so what the heck)!!!


I hope you all enjoyed the French addition to my birthday, maybe next year I can attend a Bastille Day celebration (maybe get free beer)!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you but your not a day late- I was a day early in getting the post done :)

    ReplyDelete