July 15, 2010

Birthday Surprises

I thinking I should have titled this blog, "Cats, Frogs, and Hay bails" but I didn't!! As many of you know I worked on my birthday since I'm a graduate student this is sort of expected. However, I was planning on going to Hawaii but instead I had to purchase a new car to replace the broken Cougar so the money for the trip to Hawaii was placed into the emergency "I MUST have a car" fund and I bought a G6.




Isn't it pretty? I'm still complaining about the fact that I couldn't go to Hawaii but it's less every day so I'm sure eventually I'll "get over it!" It's not just that I didn't get to go to Hawaii (there will be other chances) it's that I missed a good friends wedding and her graduation from vet school (I was teaching in May) and the Cougar breaking down meant that I missed having one last (?) dinner with her and another good friend at Thai-Pepper in Fort Collins!

Anyway, I went to work on my birthday and then I came home to find that the farm hand had bailed the grass in both the Broom field and Alfalfa field but I decided not to take a picture, surely you have seen Hay bails before??? I thought so and on to the next surprise..... I went outside to eat dinner on the front porch and I found this little guy to the left of my back porch. I thought he was so cute that I had to take a picture.

Later I went went outside to go for my evening walk and I saw this orange cat which looked like Too Many sitting on the sidewalk and I said, "Hello Too Many" and the orange cat raced up into the tree.


Then to add to my confusion, Two Many comes around the side of the house so then I have two orange kitties. One pregnant one meowing (likely demanding more food, NOW!!) at my feet and another one trying to hide from me in the tree.



So who is this kitty? Is this the father of the pregnant Too Many unborn babies? Is this Too Many's missing sibling Too? Is this a neighbor's cat? The mystery deepens and I have no answers, maybe my friend, Anne, can enlighten us on the subject!

And then the last surprise, I went outside one more time, late at night. It was starting to rain and I just wanted to look at the sky and see if the orange kitty was still in the tree (he/she/it was). My detective skills discovered this big girl sitting out on the sidewalk. I have never seen a frog this big so I decided to take a picture.


She does look like the same kind of frog as the tiny frog from above.

Well since I'm so late in actually posting this blog (28th of July) I will give you an update. The G6 is still running, I haven't seen the mysterious orange cat again, Too Many is still pregnant and getting more round every day (she looks so uncomfortable- poor mommy), and the big frog is still living somewhere around the base of the tree in front of my back porch (I saw her last night when I was checking on my trash smoldering before I went to bed)!

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell who the cat is. It could be Two, or it could be a random cat. The only other thing I know is that it's a brome field. Not broom! And it's bale, not bail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- so now you know the truth...... I can't spell, I can't seem to figure out cardinal directions unless I'm "in" the map, and I can't make jello but I can make a three-cheese lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can make jello but not three-cheese lasagna!

    ReplyDelete