July 10, 2010

Around the "Farm"

So there's all sorts of stuff to see out on the farm. The month of June I spent some time exploring and just looking around to see what I could expect of my new environment.


This is Scamp and I. I admit that this picture was taken in April but the two of us can be seen in the yard playing fetch while I pull weeds and walking along the side of the road in the evening when I go for a walk.




The first week I was living in the country I came home to this in my side yard. I called the "landlord" to ask about it and she said that one of the neighbors does the agricultural side of the farm and he bails the side and front yards!! Okay- I now know to expect hay bails from time to time.


This is the barn cat, Too Many! I think this is when she was in heat so she was loud and obnoxious with everybody but she's a good hunter.


I tried to get a picture of one of the raptors flying in the sky. I think it turned out interesting but not very informative (as to the species of raptor). However, I have since learned some more about the settings on my camera so perhaps the pictures I take will gradually improve as to the techniques. I can only hope so anyway.


Raptors on the silo; they like to sit up there in the afternoon and then there are songbirds or an owl or two (yes, another raptor but not the same as the ones in the afternoon) in the evening.

I rode my bike up the road and took a picture of the local church. I'm not sure how many people attend the church since this is a very, rural area (my closest neighbor is about a mile away).


The church has a cemetery attached to it and I'm sure at some point I will wander back that way to take some cemetery pictures.

I will have another edition of things that I find while I'm walking, pulling weeds, and doing country living stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment