July 9, 2010

Let's talk about the Cougar, one last time :(

Ah- so the month of May was the crappiest month ever (for this year)!!!! So there I was driving to Colorado to see two of my friends (perhaps for the last time {at least at the same time} since one of them has moved to Hawaii) and my car breaks down at a rest stop outside of Ellsworth.

Fortunately, I was able to get one of my "sisters" (the one in Manhattan) to drive all the way out to Ellsworth and then drive me all the way back!!!

So while I was waiting for 3 hours for rescue, I called a friend I was supposed to visit in Hays and then I walked around and took some pictures of the scenic rest stop. Yes, I said scenic!!


Tree next to a small stream which had a bridge you could cross (I didn't take a picture of the bridge)



Stream from the bridge, yes you could have walked over it and not used the bridge but the embankment is steep.



The sky which was quite nice to look at!



I brought my data to work on since I was planning on being in Colorado for about a week. So here I'm looking at the green notebooks and writing the data in another format to go into an Excel file. Processing data requires lots of energy and reworking- I really wish I had a hand held computer that I could put all this in and then get it do do the graphs and SAS analysis for me (sigh).


Finally, this is post rescue, this is a picture of the wind generators outside of Salina. I hadn't been out that way since before these were built so it was nice to see them and get a picture.

I'm glad I didn't have too much problems at the rest stop. The car and it's ensuing craziness was not fun and I'm hoping to never go through that kind of BS again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment