September 19, 2012

Vacation part 3: the wedding

I had some wardrobe difficulties and traffic issues in getting to this wedding on time. However, I kept praying I would get there on time and I found out later that the grooms mother, one of my best-friends, kept praying that I make it in time for the reception. I love you "Lady V" but I was NOT going to miss this wedding and I didn't. :) It was very important to me to be there to show my love and support for this wonderful couple. I have missed out on so many things in the lives of my "children" and been there for so many others but this day was not a day I was going to miss!!!!!!



Okay so yes, I made it in time; I didn't see the parents walk to their seats but J., Jr. had me in my seat before the bride walked down the aisle. (whew, yes it was a close one; me always running on Indigenous time).

So here is where I admit that I didn't take as many photos as I could / should have but there are some memories that you can't have a photo of  as they are just in your heart.

One of those memories was the preacher talking about the statistics of divorce and how many people sitting in the audience may be thinking "how long will they last." NOT ME, I truly believe these two are meant to be together. They have already faced some difficulties and came out on the other side.

The second memory was the preacher asking the families to stand up. I wasn't sure what to do since I'm not biologically related to the groom although he does call me Mamma A or Mamma Angela and sometimes just Mamma. His mom looked right at me and raised her hand. I knew what she wanted so I was proud to stand up and make a vow with the rest of the family to support the union of J. and K.


Here you can sort of see J. walking K. down the aisle after being announced Mr. and Mrs.

After the ceremony, I got to see Lady V's sister T. for the first time in over 5 years. We have talked during that time but only though Facebook. It was an amazing moment; a fabulous hug!!!! She didn't recognize me and she said she wouldn't have even known it was me if I hadn't posted a picture of me in the dress earlier that day. Another memory which just can't be expressed via film.


Here you can see J. (Lady V's husband), Lady V, and their daughter B.


Here is K. and J. My only regret is that I didn't ask K. and J. to get in a picture with me but like I told him today he looked so exhausted. I wish I had asked for that picture but I didn't.

The last memory which as far as I know no one got on film or video is me getting the ladies, T. and Lady V., out on the dance floor to dance with me. That's right I got out and danced. I know some of you know I can dance but I tend to not like to dance in public since I think people are staring at me; I did notice a man staring at me but that discussion is being "held" with the "family."

As I was getting ready to leave, I said goodby to the bride and groom and had a quiet conversation with both of them individually. J. said to me, "I saw you out there dancing. Momma I didn't know you could dance; you got some moves!!!!!" Yes son, I can and I do but like your father said to me "I have to be comfortable with my surroundings" in order to let me be me!

I am very proud to say I definitely showed up for your wedding!

 

So there you go; there was a wedding and it was GOOD!!!!!

 I wish them love and happiness and I hope all their dreams as one come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment